Friday, March 1, 2019

About This Blog

  Updated 3rd May 2019 AD

I'm no longer keeping this blog entirely up to date. Some of the information may not be completely correct. 


 I've added some more accessible tunes to the Irish Tunes blog mainly as a practising aid to myself, but you may find them worth a look.

This blog is intended to be a (fairly) up to date guide to traditional music sessions in Bristol.
Information about sessions seems to be hard to  come by. Many pubs don't list sessions that take place,  or leave up old information.

Sooo.... I'm going to visit some sessions over the next few weeks and give what information I can about where they are, when they're on, what the pubs are like etc.

I'm a public transport nerd, so I'll try and give accurate info on buses and trains.

Obviously, I can't get to all the sessions and there may well be ones that I don't know exist, so any further information would be welcome, either in the comments or you can email me at sb55555@gmail.com

I hope this site will be a useful resource.

Steve B

PS. I've gone a bit "blog crazy" and started making offshoots to this blog with video clips of music that takes my fancy. The first is Irish Tunes. I've now started the  Old Time American blog and the English Traditional one.

No comments:

Post a Comment